Requesting a Transcript

The information on high school and middle school transcripts is confidential and protected by federal law. For this reason, we must have your permission in writing with your signature to release your records. You may come in person and fill out a form, call and make a request, mail a letter to us, or download and complete the Transcript Request Form.

When making a request, you must include:

  • Your name and the name you used in school

  • Your birth date

  • The name(s) of the school(s) you attended

  • The year you left that school

  • Where to send the record

  • There is no charge for current DUSD students, students currently enrolled in a secondary school outside of DUSD, or out-of-school minors who are otherwise eligible for enrollment in a secondary school).

  • There is no charge for mailing Transcripts within California.